CCNA Jaipur > TIPS & TRICKS
TIPS & TRICKS
Characteristics of RIPV2
1. A classless distance vector routing protocol that is an enhancement of RIPv1’s features.
2. Next hop address is included in updates.
3. Routing updates are multicast.
4. The use of authentication (text or md5) is an option.
5. It supports variable length subnet masking.
6. Implement split horizon and route poisoning for preventing loops.
7. Operating from UDP port:520
8. It uses multicast address: 188.8.131.52 for routing updates.
A distance vector routing technique in which information about routes is prevented from exiting the router interface through which that information was received.